Tag Archive: The Media
- It was a media hit job, well funded, coordinated, and timed to release when it could do the most damage to him and put CPAC in a bad light, as well.
- The left has absolutely no shame about many of their heroes expressing very similar viewpoints: George Takei, Bill Maher, Madonna, Eve Ensler (author of The Vagina Monologues), Lena Dunham, Roman Polanski …
He earned it.
Students are learning that the left and the media are more concerned about Trump than about jihadists. Hence sympathetic articles like this. That’s always the case – Democrats will team up with every enemy of America to try and take down Republicans.
Students also want to be able to protect themselves.
It’s so coordinated that even CNN noticed. And of course NBC knew about the 10 year old video some time before they chose to air it.
According to the media. So there’s nothing new about their latest howling.
There are numerous parties to blame (beyond the credit Trump deserves for being a masterful troll of the entire process). For example, the media: As much as they despise him, they’re a primary driver of his success. Look at the air time he’s received over all the other candidates. Trump is certainly doing everything he can to encourage this – he’s figured out their rules and is playing by them – but the media is going along with it. That also tells you that in many cases, he is the candidate they want Republicans to run.
But the real story of Trump’s rise is part of a broader culture war, and he’s benefitting along at least a couple of axes:
- A population fed up with political correctness: PC police who call everyone racist and sexist while elitists smugly implement policies that benefit them and their allies at the expense of the common man, and a media constantly obsessed with whatever silly narrative they feel the need to focus on rather than their very real everyday problems.
- A GOP that will do anything to defend the establishment, and the way things are. They started with Jeb as their go-to candidate – he promised almost no change, in a time when conservatives are more fed up with how things are than ever before. Then, when a candidate came along with real reform in mind (Cruz), they did their best to back Trump, or at least not stop him until he unseated Cruz. They hate Trump, but they fear Cruz. And now Trump has become the giant middle finger that is being stuck to their eye.
And yet the prescription is always to double down on the same policies.
Because she’s the candidate the media fears most and is trying the hardest to sink. If that was in doubt, look at how they initially (she’s back in) chose a debate qualification criteria that specifically excluded her, after she rocked the first debate. And she’s been owning other events and interviews as well. So we’re beginning to see the sexist attacks that the left reserves for those they most hate.
It’s nothing to do with how corrupt and criminal she is – it’s because her voice is to high.
It’s amazing what Democrats and the media will do to avoid talking about Planned Parenthood, or anything that really matters. Manufactured outrage at the death of one animal from someone who’s almost certainly done more for animal conservation than any of them – just not in the way they like – in a country where people face a daily struggle to survive and there are mass graves from the death squads of the tyrant who rules the country. The death of one lion, time to leap into action!
But it’s not enough to refute what they said, he’s got to find a way to make it painful for them.
First, the demagoguery is awful:
- Indiana’s bill is almost an exact copy of the one that Bill Clinton passed in 1993. Arkansas’ is being made into an exact copy. But of course this isn’t what gets presented.
- Something like 19 states already have pretty much identical bills on the books. Such as Connecticut – while Connecticut’s governor Dan Malloy tries to ban travel to Indiana. Or such as the bill that Illinois passed, partially with State Senator Obama’s vote, while the Obama administration calls Indiana’s law “unthinkable”.
- The media is constantly using the word “discrimination”, without ever giving the other side a voice, as per the norm. And they’re drastically over-representing the language of the bill.
- While Apple’s Tim Cook calls for boycotts to Indiana, Apple is expanding throughout middle eastern countries that punish homosexuality with death.
- The media is making up the stories of businesses refusing to cater to gay weddings.
- All of the fervor is really about positioning in the left’s constant culture war.
Second, the entire fervor being whipped up is entirely failing to understand important concepts in both liberty and tolerance:
- This very same law that protects Christian bakers from being forced to service events that they disagree with also protects gay bakers from making cakes that say, “A man shall . . . hold fast to his wife — Gen. 2:24.” or protect Muslim bakers from making cakes featuring cartoons of Mohammed. The law is protecting people from having to act against their conscience.
- Not having this law is a situation where the state is forcing people to act against their will. Having this law (which shouldn’t be necessary in the first place, honestly), is enshrining a situation where no one can be forced to act against their will. Forcing people to behave in a certain way is tyranny. Letting people behave how they would is liberty. And of course, it’s really the very liberty that so many on the left have long clamored for.
- This law is the opposite of Jim Crow laws, which were codifying discrimination into the rule books. This law does not encode discrimination, but says business owners cannot be forced to act against their will.
- Tolerance is not forcing people who disagree with you, even if you believe their opinion hateful, to behave in some fashion. Tolerance is respecting that they have a different opinion from you, and going your own way. The opponents to Indiana’s law are actually being intolerant of those they perceive as intolerant.
Yes. That’s why I was disappointed with Newt’s elimination last election. He was the only one who really got that.